We are on the brink of the spring season. Or so I keep reminding myself!
I don’t know about you, but it has felt like a very long winter to me. Even February, which usually slips away before I even had time to appreciate her. Ugh! This year is different. I feel like winter has lasted forever and I am ready to see small hints that spring is on its way.
My mind is already drifting to tiny ways that I can bring Spring into my days — even three weeks before she actually arrives. How about you? Are you ready for the change of seasons? For longer days at night? For warmer temperatures? Have you noticed the birds are chirping once again in the early morning hours. Nature is cyclical and if we just take care of our Earth, she will reward us with magic as the seasons change.
Here are a few ideas as we all wait together for Spring to burst forth in full bloom:
- Flowers! Purchase some and bring a burst of color forth in your home
- Notice the blooms outside. Snap a picture. Some of these flowers are just so darn courageous!
- Head to a baseball game.
- Walk through some cool, crisp grass with your barefoot.
- Listen to your favorite beach tunes – getting in the mood for summer.
- Take a walk and observe yourself noticing nature coming alive.
- Purchase a vegetable like asparagus, which is coming into season, and cook seasonally with your fresh produce
- How about a spring sponge cake with homemade lemon whipped cream?
- Go bird watching! They are back, mine as well watch them up close.
- Light a candle that smells like spring to you.
Now is the time to get ready for the spring season All of these activities can help ease the transition from one season to another and ground yourself in nature. Do alone or share with some others. Whatever you choose, know that spring is about to burst forth and so are you!